MAY 2021: VARIETY has just announced that I’LL SHOW YOU MINE, a feature film script that Elizabeth co-wrote, is forthcoming as a Duplass Brothers Production film. The feature script was co-written by Elizabeth, bestselling author David Shields and screenwriter Tiffany Louquet. Release details TBA. Watch this site for updates!
~I'LL SHOW YOU MINE film announcement also drew coverage overseas in The India Times
~WATCH THE BOOK TRAILER FOR 'WE GOT HIM'- WE GOT HIM is now out in AUDIOBOOK
~New updated WEBSITE for Feature Film in Development A Four-Sided Bed
~Visit Elizabeth on IMDB
~2021: Elizabeth's Tonya & Nancy: the Rock Opera is now available as a Concert Film on StreamingMusicals.com as a fundraiser for the Actor's Fund; the film was shot at 54Below in NYC with an all-star Broadway cast.
~BROADWAY WORLD announces Winners of the BROADWAY WORLD REGIONAL THEATER AWARDS: four FL Regional awards for Elizabeth's TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA, including Best Production of a Musical
~Publisher's Weekly and the Boston Globe, as well as Shelf Life have featured articles on a group founded by six writers, including Elizabeth- WritersAgainstRacialInjustice, raising over 50K for Equal Justice Initiative.
~BROADWAY WORLD has run two features on the 2020 production of Elizabeth's TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA, starring Broadway icon ANDREA McARDLE. The 2020 TheatreZone production was reviewed in Naples Daily News as a 'Joyous theater package' and was featured on ABC Channel 7; the show also received coverage in the magazine Happenings.
~September of 2020: Elizabeth's essay COVID CLASS OF 2020 appeared in the Hobart Festival of Women Writers new online magazine, NOW.
~IMAGINE Magazine, the magazine of the film community in New England, ran a feature article by Elizabeth on Soundstage Musicals: Capturing Theater on Film. It also ran a feature article on Elizabeth's A FOUR-SIDED BED feature film project and on FOUR-SIDED, the short film based on Elizabeth' novel. Elizabeth's feature length film script as well as her short film, FOUR-SIDED, were both featured at the Massachusetts Independent Film Festival, the script winning Best Feature Film Script- see announcement and awards on MassIFF site . More film news announced: Elizabeth's script announced as one of two scripts featured at ReelHeART International Film Festival in Toronto. The short film, FOUR-SIDED, based on Elizabeth's novel, is announced on the official schedule for That Film Festival- Cannes.
~WE GOT HIM-- New Rivers Press-- is featured on Snowflakes in a Blizzard .
~ BROADWAY WORLD feature on TONYA & NANCY concert-
also featured in PLAYBILL- and in a PHOTO FLASH FEATURE on the Opening Night in Broadway World. THE BANNER newspaper announced a 2020 production of Tonya & Nancy forthcoming in Florida at Theater Zone.
~IDOL TALK: A Magical Memory Tour of Teen Idols premieres as a special fundraising event for Firehouse Center for Performing Arts and Exit Dance Company in Newburyport MA- announcment here.
~Concert event announced for TONYA & NANCY at the Lucille Lortel Theater in NYC, in association with Abingdon Theatre Company and Paul Boghosian; Executive Producer Tony-winner JIM KIERSTEAD.
E MEDIA ARCHIVES 1:
~2019 ACT ONE: ONE ACT Play Festival 'off off Broadway in Long Island City, NY- Elizabeth's One Act Play Stolen Girl Song starring Heidi Friese announced as a selection in the festival at the Secret Theater.
~CD Reviewed on Broadway World ("'Tonya & Nancy' Gets High Marks'") and on Broadway to Vegas ("The CD is stunningly awesome").~NYC Tonya & Nancy Concert at 54 Below: Broadway stars sing songs from TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA; the show was featured in Broadway.com and Broadway World and in PLAYBILL. The concert was reviewed as 'a great experience;' 'The songs were incredibly fun, and the performances were wonderful.'
~A clip from the Rock Opera's Chicago production was shown on a Tonya Harding interview special on ABC, with over 6 million people watching.~Elizabeth was interviewed by the NYT and featured among other authors in New York Times feature article Tonya Harding: Tragic Muse?; the print version includes a photo from NYMF show in NYC & the online NYT features a reel from the Boston production. Elizabeth's one-act opera, TONYA & NANCY: THE OPERA, music by Abigail Al-Doory Cross was selected as a Best of Classical pick by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.~Elizabeth discusses her novel, her rock opera and her film project in 1 minute 30 secs on WOMEN'S WATCH- WBZ Radio, CBS Boston.
~Elizabeth's novel WE GOT HIM appeared on the SMALL PRESS DISTRIBUTION Bestseller List. Her WE GOT HIM media includes: ~Interviews about WE GOT HIM: Solstice Magazine; The Frankie Boyar Show (national radio show; live interview); Women's Watch (WBZ AM radio Boston); Behind the Pages (Brookline Access TV); Books & Authors (AT&T); Radio interview: "Downtown With Rich Kimball" on 'Sports Lit;'WATD-FM “The South Shore’s Morning News"- and on URBAN UPDATE (WHDH-TV; NBC, Boston).
~Online magazine Woven Tales Press: DeWitt Henry spotlighted and recommended Elizabeth's blog, Celebrities in Disgrace, on Woven Tales Press. The Reminder newspaper featured a piece on Soap Opera Confidential.
~SOAP OPERA CONFIDENTIAL national coverage: A two-page feature spread and interview with Elizabeth and Suzanne Strempek Shea about SOAP OPERA CONFIDENTIAL- in the magazine SOAPS IN DEPTH, available nationwide.
E MEDIA ARCHIVES 2:
~Elizabeth's novel WE GOT HIM was featured in the Portland Press Herald and on Caroline Levitt's CAROLINE LEAVITTVILLE.com The book was featured in the BOSTON HERALD (Gayle Fee, The Inside Track).
Her novel WE GOT HIM was in the BOSTON GLOBE, Names and Faces, July 8th.
Tonya & Nancy in Chicago received a Photo Flash Feature in Broadway World and media including Chicago Tribune, New City, Broadway World, the Chicago Tribune, Showbiz Chicago, Chicago Reader, perform.ink, Theatre World, Time Out Chicago, Windy City, Channel 9/Chicago and more. It was listed in a Theater Preview in the Chicago Tribune in the category of 'Tuneful Treats.' at the NEW YORK MUSICAL THEATER FESTIVAL (NYMF) has included PEOPLE.com (interview with Elizabeth), The Nation, The New York Times, New York Daily News, NYC radio 1010WINS, Mediaite, Boston Herald, Boston Globe, the AFP (news service to 200 countries), the UK Telegraph, 'Pardon My Interruption (MSNBC), Broadway.com (special Photo Flash feature), TheaterMania, Hollywood Reporter and Broadway World; worldwide coverage included France, South Africa, Australia, AsiaOne, Best of Off Broadway (show chosen as a Best of Fest) and much more.
~Media coverage for the LA production of Tonya & Nancy: the Rock Opera includes feature articles on MSN, NewsOXY (ranked a 'Most Popular' article) BroadwayWorld/LA, deathandtaxes.com, The Oregonian, The Inquisitor; PerformingArtsLive and an hour on the Sheena Metal Experience Show on LA Talk Radio.
The BOSTON GLOBE featured Elizabeth and the Elizabeth Warren fundraiser she created with author Steve Almond, WRITERS FOR WARREN. Other notable MEDIA include Elizabeth's pieces on VIDA/Her Kind and Elizabeth's TV interview on Writer to Writer.
E-MEDIA ARCHIVES 3:
GIRL HELD IN HOME:
Elizabeth and the novel were featured in DigBoston; in Jan Gardner's WORD ON THE STREET book column in the Sunday Boston Globe and in the HIGH PLAINS READER and Sunday Portland Press Herald as well as AMERICAN BOOK REVIEW. Elizabeth talks about the book on The Nervous Breakdown and on Prairie Public Radio, Hear It Nowand on Write On Radio KFAI in the Twin Cities as well as on Barely South Review and ArtSake and in the THE BOSTON HERALD Inside Track: The Ice-ing On the Cake.
TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA (Boston, 2011)
For REVIEW & MEDIA LINKS on Tonya & Nancy, see the TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA website. MEDIA COVERAGE for the 2011 July production of the Rock Opera included a feature article in the Boston Globe, an interview on WGBH TV (Centerstage), selection as an Arts Pick on WBUR, reviews and write-ups in THE BOSTON PHOENIX, EDGE, STUFF MAGAZINE, THE DAILY DIGG, THE NOISE, hollywoodeast.com, Metro, Ice Network, ArtSake. Features in THE BOSTON HERALD, selection as a 'Best Bet' in the BOSTON PHOENIX, TV coverage on FOX38 Boston, WBZ4 TV (CBS, Boston); TrackGalTV & Emily Rooney radio show WGBH Boston.
CELEBRITIES IN DISGRACE film (summer, 2010)
MEDIA COVERAGE on the film included an article in the BOSTON HERALD plus an interview on WBUR radio (Boston's NPR).
TONYA & NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA
MEDIA COVERAGE of INITIAL PRODUCTIONS (2007-2009) of Tonya & Nancy: the Rock Opera:
- PORTLAND OREGONIAN, SEATTLE TIMES: article on the Rock Opera; article picked up by AP Wire and Newhouse News; reprinted in New York Sun and elsewhere; Nov/Dec 2007
- BOSTON HERALD: Inside Track article 'Rock Star Treatment'; Dec. 2007
- KANSAS CITY STAR: article reprinted in Seattle Times and elsewhere; Dec. 2007
- BOSTON GLOBE: Interview with Elizabeth Searle about Rock Opera: "WHY TONYA HARDING VS. NANCY KERRIGAN MAKES A PERFECT ROCK OPERA", by Pagan Kennedy; Jan. 13 2008
- PORTLAND OREGONIAN: "Go Figure: Tonya Will Attend"; Feb. 5, 2008
- PORTLAND OREGONIAN: "'TONYA' ROCKS THE STAGE" (front page); Feb. 23, 2008
- PORTLAND TRIBUNE: TONYA AND NANCY: THE ROCK OPERA ; Feb. 19, 2008
- ASSOCIATED PRESS wire story on opera published nationwide; Feb. 22, 2008
- FOX Network News: rehearsal footage from Rock Opera broadcast Feb. 22, 2008
- GOOD MORNING AMERICA: story on Rock Opera broadcast Feb. 23, 2008
- CNN News: story broadcast Feb. 22, 2008
- PORTLAND MERCURY: review published, Feb. 27, 2008
- THE COLUMBIAN newspaper: review published Feb. 25, 2008
- CBS: THE EARLY SHOW: Elizabeth interviewed June, 2008
- Garrison Keillor, Writer's Almanac; Elizabeth featured; Jan. 2009
- NEWSDAY article; Elizabeth interviewed about the Rock Opera; Feb. 2009
(updated media list - 2005/06/07)
INTERVIEWS about the opera:
- ESPN2; Searle interview on the show ESPN Hollywood
- MSNBC; Searle interview on Tucker Carlson show, The Situation
- The Chet Curtis Report; New England Cable News; Searle interview on show
- Radio interviews in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA and Boston;
Radio interviews on Maine Public Radio and the Canadian Broadcast Corporation (Feb. '06). Interview on WLXZ, Boston and Literary Lights, Boston
- FOX affiliate Channel 25 (Boston) and NBC affiliate Channel 7 (Boston);
interviews broadcast throughout country; clips on MSNBC; May, 2006
- NATIONAL PUBLIC RADIO: Opera featured on IT'S ONLY A GAME; May, 2006;
rebroadcast in ‘best of’ show: Oct., 2006
- ASSOCIATED PRESS: OCT. 13, 2005 (article printed throughout USA and world)
- BOSTON HERALD: article in Inside Track; Oct. 13, 2005
- USA TODAY article: Oct. 14, 2005
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED article: Oct. 19, 2005
- NEW YORK TIMES: Oct. 18, 2005
- LONDON TIMES: article, Oct. 29, 2005
- BOSTON GLOBE article: Nov. 6, 2005
- LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH: Feb., 2006
- ATLANTA JOURNAL CONSTITUTION; Feb., 2006
- MUSO Magazine (UK/USA) article; many
other music and theater magazines including PLAYBILL
- BOSTON HERALD: May 1, 2006
- ASSOCIATED PRESS: May 1, 2006
(article and photos printed throughout USA and world)
- PORTLAND OREGONIAN: May 7, 2006
- ESPN MAGAZINE: article and photo spread: June 5, 2006
- BOSTON HERALD: article and photo, June 16, 2006